Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pun Intended

IT'S LIKE A TSUNAMI OUTSIDE! (I hate the rain)

Ok, I just looked up the definition for tsunami and that is not accurate. It is, however, raining rather rapidly causing flash flood warnings throughout my area. (I hate the rain)



See? I didn't even bother putting makeup on when I left the house this morning. I knew that was a good call when I had to drive 30 mph all the way to Friendswood because I could barely see 10 ft in front of the car. (I hate the rain)

When I pulled up to the sweetness' daycare, we sat in the car for a moment hoping the rain would die down a little. I was already drenched from getting her and myself IN the car, and now I had to get her out and inside with minimal damage. I turned around and reached in the back seat to unbuckle her car seat belts.

"Are you ready sweetness?"
"Yay RUN"

I got out of the car and in one swift swoop I scooped her from her carseat under a blanket. We ran through the parking lot and into the building.

"Run rain again mommy"
"Ummmmm, negative ghost rider."

I set her down to autograph the sign in sheet trying not to drench the paper with my dripping hair wet hands.

"Cold toes rain"
"Why are you not wearing SHOES?"
"Shoes off mommy. I did it!"
"Good job babes, but you have to wear shoes to school."
"no shoes. I want swim"
"I do not negotiate with terrorists or two year olds"
"Ok pink shoes. run mommy"

I got her into the classroom sans shoes to start eating breakfast. I ran back through the hurricane - ok, ok, heavy rain - grabbed the pink shoes and darted Neo-Matrix style back into the building.



At least that's how I pictured it in my head.

By the time I got back in the car safe and sound I was drenched from my head to my toes. Good thing I wore boots! I pitifully looked in the mirror and had to laugh at the ridiculous sight before me. (I hate the rain). I turned the radio on, tuned to KSBJ as usual and hear this:

You reign, glory in the highest, you reign
Let creation testify by your name
Every knee will bow and every tongue proclaim
That Jesus reigns!

I love the rain only for the reason that every single time it brings me back to Him, revealing a little more of His character and compassion towards me. God is good. ALL the time.

At that moment, it was as if God smiled on me and said, "Pun intended".

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of an old commercial. A man is trying to wake up in the morning. It's pouring down rain outside. He gets in the shower. The smell of his soap wakes him up. Fast forward to him cheerfully straightening his tie as his wife drags herself out of bed. "How are you getting to work this morning?" she asks. "Back stroke!" he cheerfully replies making the appropriate arm motions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryot is quite the character!! I love hearing her interactions with you! And I hope the weather dries up soon.

    ReplyDelete