Sunday, October 13, 2013

I hate naps

I hate naps. And by that I mean I love naps.

Not clear enough? OK, I will explain.

The sweetness looked so innocently sweet taking her nap. I snuggled in bed with her and started watching a movie. The lack of solid sleep, early morning and comfy cuddling combined created the perfect atmosphere for napping. It has always taken me a while to fall asleep but I pulled the covers over my head anyway. Even if it took me 30 minutes to fall asleep I would still get about an hour nap.

Just as I drifted to sleep the chatter of the movie wakes me. I annoyingly hit pause and settled back in bed. Its so comfortable and warm and perfect for sleep.

Bang! bang! bang!- a short time later. 'why is someone hanging a picture on a Sunday afternoon?!' I think to myself as if the idea is simply something ridiculous. I calm my heart from being started and drape the heavy cover back over my head. My bed feels just like a cloud; big wonderful weightless cloud.

Honk! Honk! Honk! 'Who even has car alarms anymore?! It's not like anyone pays attention to them?' I get up from my cozy abyss, turn my small fan and the bathroom fan on to create a noise barrier. Yes, that's better, now for sleep. I drift to sleep with a slight smile.

'Mommy in bed! Asauce? Mommy silly I want asauce. Watch show? Watch peencess? Kiss? Eskimo kiss? I want juice. I want juice. Juice. Juice. Mommymommymommymommymommy juicejuicejuicemommymommyjuicemommymommummummommy Dress? Wear pretty dress? Help dress mommy.' Aaaand she's awake. Has it been an hour and a half already?

The mood that my lack of nap has put me in is less than pleasant. I'm tired, groggy and have no motivation to do anything.

I'm never attempting a nap again. Unless I happen to be in a completely silent, uninterrupted, dark, closed off, special place with no children, car alarms, movies or people hanging pictures. But then they might give me one of those jackets that make you hug yourself. And if for some reason I did get woken up, I don't think hugging myself would be top on the 'want' list. So I just won't nap.

I can sleep when I'm dead right?

1 comment:

  1. This happens to me all the time. I work nights and it seems like my neighbors must vacuum, cut crazy, hang pictures, etc. when I'm trying to sleep

    ReplyDelete