Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fat Fargo

I have always been aware of how my actions might impact other people. Sometimes it has been fueled by an unhealthy fear of their disapproval, but more often than not I have a genuine desire to see that I contribute happiness and positivity from my words and actions. I am not perfect by any means but it is usually a conscious effort on my mind several times throughout the day. 

Tonight as I was catching up on my news (seriously, check it out Ryot.org), I read this  article (http://www.ryot.org/north-dakota-woman-letters-obese-kids-halloween-instead-candy/450117). After the initial shock and wore off slightly, I really am sad for this woman. Did she have people in her life speak kindly to her? Was she overweight or is she overweight currently? Does she out an unnecessary amount of importance in how she looks? Does she or maybe a significant other have unrealistic expectations for herself? It makes me want drink some coffee with her and figure out where this crazy talk is coming from! There has to be something tragic that happened regarding this topic. How could it make sense in a grown woman's mind to speak anything but love and encouragement to these kids no matter their size. It really just doesn't make any sense to me. If the sweetness brought home a letter like that, I'm not sure I would respond with as much grace as I would like. 

People are seriously missing some screws in Fargo, North Dakota. 


No comments:

Post a Comment