Tuesday, October 1, 2013

42 day rule

It takes 21 days to form a habit, or so I've been told. Yesterday I read an article that stated to double the 21 day rule and give yourself 6 weeks. That's 42 days! Do you want my two cents? I think for forming a new habit that is easy and pleasant, 21 days would suffice. However, if forming a habit that is difficult, time consuming or not enjoyable, give it the full 42 days.

For my goal of running/strength training, eating healthy and consistently taking/selling/promoting Advocare products, I'm on day 27. I've already wanted to quit, thought I was dying and felt discouraged on more days than I would care to admit.

Day 27. I'm on day 27. That's 65% completion of the 42 day rule.

I've significantly changed my lifestyle for almost an entire month. And I haven't died yet.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment