Monday, October 7, 2013

Inhale exhale

Ryot screaming, 'I want window. Window dooowwwnnnnn.'

I tell her 'ok baby. Calm down and ask mommy nicely.' I roll the window down.

Inhale slowly.

On the radio
'I am strong when I am on your shoulders, you raise me up to more than I can be.'

Ryot screaming, 'nooo mommy window no doowwwnnnnnnn. Window up!'

I roll the window up.

Exhale slowly.

On the radio
'Whatever will come our way, through fire or pouring rain, no we won't be shaken. Whatever tomorrow brings together we rise and sing that we won't be shaken. no we won't be shaken. We will trust in you, we will not be moved, we will trust in you and we won't be shaken.'

'Whatever will come our way' includes missing your two year old all day and being disappointed that she has done nothing but cry and throw fits since you picked her up. She didn't want to leave because she was watching Super Why. She wanted to eat a cakeball before eating her dinner. She wanted to go upstairs at Sarah's house instead of leaving. She wanted to color on the walls with Sharpie. She wanted the window down. Then she wanted the window up. She doesn't want to take a bath. But I'm the bad guy of course.

Oh man I'm exhausted and disappointed. I'm so thankful for being reinforced by His calming Spirit. Ya know, I wouldn't trade even a crazy evening like this for anything. Its amazing how much I love her even when she is being miss grumpy butt. And God loves us more.

Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment