Saturday, October 5, 2013

Moo!

'I like your artwork, is that a real tattoo?'

This question coming from the Texas City Fire Fighter with both arms covered in tattoos.

'Oh no. Its Sharpie, my two year old did it. Talented, huh?'

His friends laughed and he smirked. The two fire fighters went on to ask where I got the work done and complimented the detail and bright colors. I conversed with them as best as I could while trying to help Ryot eat her snow cone without staining her white shirt. Several minutes passed and the snow cone was finished. I got up from the ground to throw it away and the guy made some comment at how cute Ryot was while dancing. Then a very pretty and very tiny blonde with a big chest tattoo of angel wings sat at the full table of firefighters. She leaned over to a guy who I hadn't been talking to and asked,

'Why is he talking to her? Moo! I mean, really. Its pathetic.'

Aaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd that's my cue. Time to go home! She moo-ed at me. That has never happened before.

Ya know what is amazing though? My first thoughts were not hurt or anger or insecurity, but pity for her. What in the world has happened in her life to give her the idea it is OK to speak about people like that? I have no idea. I just thought it was crazy to even begin with. I hope she knows she is beautiful on the outside and I hope her insides start to morph to match the physical attributes.

Well I can cross 'get moo-ed at' off of my bucket list. Ah, progress feels great.

4 comments:

  1. You totally rock! Seeing past the behavior to the heart is truly a sign of a mature woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do rock!! That comment for sure makes you the stronger woman! And I'm impressed that you were even able to keep up a conversation while keeping snow cone off Ryot's shirt....I'm not that skilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Hannah! It was a task, let me tell ya! But her white shirt escaped that red snowcone stain free!! :)

      Delete