Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Untrapped Thoughts

I can't even process what is happening in my brain and my heart today. So in all fairness I couldn't possibly try to articulate it for you to attempt to decipher. It wouldn't be fair to injure your brain like that and it wouldn't be fair to me for information to be misguidedly misconstrued. It's just not fair to either parties in any manner.

So instead of decoding the mysterious combustion I have been bombarded with today, I will focus on remembering positive things that happened today.

First, Ryot was in a fantastic mood all morning. It was as if she planned to be terribly two last night terrifically two this morning. She picked out her clothes and was perfectly obedient with getting ready and leaving the house. On the way to school, she was singing KSBJ, playing peek a boo, wanting me to cuddle and wanting to hold my hand while I was driving. When I dropped her off she was so polite and greeted her teachers with smiles and hugs. She asked me for a kiss and a double high five and told me bye with no tears and no fuss. I stood outside of the classroom and watched her for a moment soaking in the few minutes I had before I headed off to school. She showed her teacher her jacket and asked politely for help to remove it. She was perfectly happy to sit at the table and eat her pancakes with no assistance and no drama. Golly that just blesses my heart. She just looked so beautiful and so grown up sitting at that table eating away. It was more sweet than bitten when I left. I miss her so much while I'm at work, but to know that she is learning about Jesus and having a good time with her teachers and friends is priceless.

Second, one of my technicians at work brought me cookies to say sorry and thank you for my hard work. Just a few hours earlier he had caused a scene at the health clinic so I had to do a lot of PR work to calm the ladies at the clinic down. I still have not received the results that I needed first thing this morning so the situation isn't fully resolved. However, they didn't close out his file completely like they threatened, he isn't banned from the clinic anymore, AND I should have the results soon.....well, hopefully. Either way, he realizes that he was completely out of line and apologized to me personally with a peace offering of cookies. I accepted partly because I have to keep the peace in the office, partly because he had cookies and partly because it would have been totally awkward not to accept with him standing right there in front of me with everyone looking at me.

The rest of the chaos that is happening in my head can just stay trapped there for now.

1 comment: