Monday, September 30, 2013

I hate the rain. I love the rain.

To anyone who knows me or reads my writing regularly, it's no shocker that I don't like the rain. I'm not the person that wants it to rain so that I can sit on the porch and read a book. Now, if I happen to be at home and it is raining, I might take advantage of the situation and sit on the porch, but silently my heart aches for the sunny days. Part of me will say it's because I want to be able to play outside with the little sweetness, go to the beach or run errands without getting drenched. Part of me will say it's because of the knee pain I get with all of the humidity and pressure build up from the rain. Either way, I'm not a fan.

My office crew was about to head out to grab some lunch and what happens? Sideways rain that I could hear loudly beating the warehouse before I even looked outside. Immediately I hear a sound resonating deep in my soul as loud as a church choir.

Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down
Oh, Comforter and Friend
How we need Your touch again
Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down

Let Your power fall
Let Your voice be heard
Come and change our hearts
As we stand on Your word

Holy Spirit, rain down

No eye has seen, no ear has heard
No mind can know what God has in store
So open up Heaven, open it wide
Over Your church and over our lives


God is not in heaven with a checklist marking your successes and failures. He wants a relationship. Because he wants a relationship, He doesn't just use the circumstances in our lives to guide us. He uses our thoughts, our desires, our goals, our unspoken prayers and even our likes and dislikes. We were created, fashioned, molded this way.

So yes, Father, just as the ground and trees need this rain, we need Your spirit. Rain down on us. Rain down on Your children to overflow so that others are drawn to this crazy joy we have in You. And if rain is what it takes for me to pray that your Spirit rains down on us, then send more rain. I don't need the sun if I have you.

It's seems crazy, but is so possible for God to turn the junk that you don't like into things that you enjoy. I can't explain it. I don't have to know how it works, I just get to trust Him and be blessed today.

Happy Monday, y'all, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment