Friday, August 16, 2013

What is Kayla made of?

What are little boys made of? What are little boys made of?
Slugs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
What are little girls made of? What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
 
That's what little girls are made of.


But what am I made of? How does my family describe me? What would my friends say is my biggest motivation? How would strangers characterize me? Would they say I am made of "sugar and spice and everything nice"?

Your actions depict your priorities and its no secret that humans do what they want to do. We are all about choices. What I wear, eat, listen to, do, who I hang out with, where I go, what I spend my money on and how I react to circumstances are all characteristics of my priorities. What do I spend my time on? What is my definition of "rejuvenation"? How do I find comfort? What are my pet peeves? What makes me smile? What makes me laugh and why?

Am I spending too much time on social media?

Am I not spending enough time in the quiet? Am I taking care of my body? Am I a contributing member of society? Am I helpful? Am I loving the people around me? Am I choosing what is right? Am I being bold? Am I making the most of the opportunities before me? Am I being a good steward of my time and relationships? Am I blessing those around me? Are they encouraged or burdened with my friendship?

I want the stuff in my life to matter. I want my life to be a reflection of the goodness of God. I want my testimony to not show me, my strength or my courage, because it is not me that has conquered any obstacles.

I want to make things happen for the bigger picture. I want to make my Abba Father proud. I want to learn as much as I can so I can pass it on to Ryot. I want, need, gotta have something better than what this world can offer.

I want to make things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment