Friday, August 16, 2013

I destroyed that coffee!


Happy Monday!!!

A couple weeks ago, I was explaining to one of my employees that our timesheets show the week as Monday through Sunday. He said, "Ugh, I hate Mondays." This is a known worldwide sentiment. There are ecards, funny posters, quotes and sayings all pointing to the fact of how dreadful Mondays are. I wake up, have to slap makeup on my face, wear something other than sweatpants, interact with people and attack the massive stacks of paperwork on my desk. It's a daunting task to come in on Monday when the work was slowly piling up all weekend. It doesn't help much if you are recouping from a busy weekend, either.

Last night, the sweetness decided to sleep catty corner while slicing me with her toe nail knives and kicking me in the spleen. She had a bad dream at 1:00am and at 3:00am was asking for cake. No darling, you can not have cake at 3am. Please sleep? I know, I know...how unfair am I?! She went back to sleep shortly after and my lovely alarm buzzed just two hours later at 5am. I would love to say that I got up, had peaceful quiet time with my Bible and a warm cup of coffee. I would love to say that I took a shower and packed a healthy lunch for the day. But I would be bold face lying. I stayed in bed until 630am. Awake, but under those heavenly warm covers cuddled with my now sweetly sleeping angel which compared to the night ninja a couple hours ago was more than enough reason to stay put. I did finally get out of bed and rushed to get ready. Thankfully I did laundry this weekend, so I threw on clothes and my work hat.

Brief Digression: I only wear this work hat when I'm having a bad hair day or an I-just-didn't-fix-my-hair-day. My bosses perceive it as company loyalty, so it's a win-win for me! Seriously, all three of my bosses today at some point will say "nice hat" with that big prideful grin on their face. Oh, if they only knew the mad swirl of hair chaos that is happening under their pink/camo work logo. But there is no need to disclose this information.

Due to this eventful night and rushed morning, I stopped by Starbucks. I thought I would be clever and get a Venti instead of a Grande. I imagined myself taking my time sipping on this warm Quad Soy No Whip Mocha. I even thought I would need to reheat it at some point so that I could continue to sip on it throughout my morning. I would let it gradually wake me up as I began my work day. Oh no. Not the case here.

I destroyed that coffee.
 
I received the coffee at 7:50am. As I type, it is 8:30am and that coffee is gone. Destroyed. Annihilated. Comfortably resting in my stomach. The cup? Sadly in the bottom of the trash can. It's short little life purpose lived out in only 40 minutes.
 
Now what do I do for the next 8 hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment