Thursday, August 22, 2013

I will not sink


Today I just can't. I'm trying, but I just can't. I would say that I need a stiff drink, or chocolate, or a massage, or a day off, or something else, but I really just need to take a deep breath and let go of all the things I can't control. I am enough, because God says I am. That is enough for me. That is my solid rock. All other ground is sinking sand.

He is dating again. I tried so hard to make him happy, but I couldn't. Only You could make him happy. But he is "happy" now that he "finally found" the one he had been looking for. I can't control that. He is dating a girl with daughters. Oh, Lord, please protect those precious hearts. Please help him see the impact he has in their lives. Please protect my sweet baby's heart, please. I'm begging you to fill her up so she feels no void. I'm so scared. But I don't have to be. But I am right now. I can't pretend that everything is fine. Because everything is not fine. But God is good. He will be our portion. He made us exactly as we are supposed to be. God, my sweet girl is so perfect and precious, how can he throw her away like he does?! I'm not enough for her, but You are. I can't give her everything she needs, but You can. Please Father, Abba, please save her heart from this hurt. I can't handle it. I can't breathe. I gasp for air, but this air is not what I need. I need You. This is not how it was supposed to be. But I can't change it. I only have what I have now. I'm so confused. I'm so sick to my stomach. I just hurt, but You heal. I just ache, but You soothe. I'm just tired, but You will rejuvenate my soul. I know You will because Your Word says You will.

Psalm 3: "O Lord, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God. Selah. But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy hill. Selah. I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O Lord! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the Lord; Your blessing be on your people! "

It doesn't matter if you are broken as long as you are standing on solid ground.

My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment