Friday, August 23, 2013

Irritated now.

You tell me that I don't have to be crafty and it will still only take me 10 minutes.
You tell me that its so easy and really cheap to accomplish.

Well guess what?!?!
When you tell me these things and its 2 hours later....
When you tell me these things and I have cuts, pokes, and scratches from inanimate objects....
When you tell me this and my sweet girl falls asleep on the couch watching a movie instead of cuddling with me....
When you tell me these things and I still haven't accomplished my project....

I'm going to be angry. When I told you that I wasn't crafty, I wasn't exhibiting false modesty.

I'M REALLY NOT CRAFTY.

So some of you might ask why did I take on a project I knew that I couldn't do?
I was 'giving it a shot'
I was 'stepping outside my comfort and zone'
I was 'trying something new'
It sucked. And now I've lost 2 hours, $15 cuddling with my baby and I STILL need to finish the project by tomorrow somehow. And I've gained a whole lot of frustration over something that doesn't even matter in life and a bunch of annoying cuts, scrapes and scratches.

I tried and I failed. Not only did i fail, but I wasted time and money. Not only that but I tried to do something that wasn't even fun. I don't enjoy doing crafty stuff unless its with kids. Its just not my strong suit.

Why does this bother me so much? Why was there even a small thought in my mind that I would be able to accomplish this? Why is it a surprise that i couldn't so it. Why does it bother me that I'm not good at this kind of stuff? I don't have to be good at everything.

Tomorrow I will start over.
Tomorrow I will have a better attitude.
Tomorrow i will just go buy what I was trying to make.

Irritated now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment