Friday, March 14, 2014

Day Three, found my flavor!

My Journey: Day Three

If you aren't aware of the journey I'm on and why, check out this blog post here. It will all make a little more sense. Enjoy, and thank you for stopping by!

7:00am- I woke up late. Ugh. I can't find my phone. Did my alarm go off? Did I set my alarm last night? Where is my phone, seriously? Not on the side of the bed, not under the bed here, not on Ryot's side, not in the bed, not at the foot of the bed. I can't really see behind the headboard. Did my alarm go off earlier and I got up? Checking downstairs. No, I thought I remember having it in the bed with me at one point. Maybe I got up and went to the bathroom? No, I'm pretty sure I had the phone in the bed. I moved the mattress and sure enough there is was slightly under the bed by the headboard.

How many times have I done that with other things in my life? I think something is true but I can't see the outcome or where I'm headed so I start to question if maybe I am delusional or I should be looking somewhere else. My gut told me that my phone was under the bed but I let my mind take me on a rabbit trail instead. Too many times in my life I have grabbed at untruths when if I would dig a little deeper I would have found the real truth that I knew all alone.

Denial doesn't actually change the outcome, it merely delays the inevitable.

7:30am- Somehow I got myself ready, Sweetness ready, grabbed all the items I needed and drank my spark all in 20 minutes after finding my phone. I don't look that great but no one will say anything because I work with some smart men. Ha!

When I drank my Spark this morning, I had a revelation. Everyone rants and raves about this Advo Crack and I honestly had no idea what they were talking about. I hadn't really tried one that I loved yet. Well first, when you cut junk out of your life, the real stuff starts to taste good. This is true in all the areas of your life. When you cut out the excess of distractions, you can really appreciate the goodness around you. With the Spark this morning, I tried the Pink Lemonade with the new way I have been mixing them and I think I found my soulmate, well my Sparkmate at least. I am officially hooked.

What did I do, you ask? When I woke up this morning, after finding my phone, I put 8 oz of water in a cup in the freezer. When I was ready to drink my Spark, I got a smaller cup and let the water slowly pour into the cup while I stirred in the Spark packet. Voila! No clumps! Then I mixed that small amount of Spark with the water in the freezer so it was really cold! I took a sip and it was like I was transported back to summer as a kid, drinking pink lemonade on a hot afternoon. Y'all, I'm in love.

So I urge you, from the realist part of me, keep pressing on. Try every flavor of Spark until you find your favorite. My favorites are grape and pink lemonade. I could drink that pink lemonade all day, but I don't need to because that one little pink lemonade packet gives me energy almost all day long! I used to drink coffee all day. I made a pot and I would sip on it all day long. I never thought that I would get to the point where I didn't need coffee but here I am! I am looking forward to introducing coffee back in to my diet because I really do love it, but never again will I be addicted to it!

9:30am- Time for breakfast and it's a good thing because I am hungry! The Fiber Drink was easy again. The key is to just gulp it down really fast right after you make it like you are dying of thirst. Then you don't really taste it too much. The Meal Replacement Shake was downed with no problem as well. I noticed today that I enjoyed drinking it this time instead of dreading it like I did the first day. I have grown accustomed to its texture and now I don't mind it at all.

I'm loving this change. I have never had more energy in my life! You have to give your mind and your body time to recognize the change before you can embrace it.

10:30am- Three Catalyst downed like a boss!

12:30pm- I'm on a roll. I've never gotten that much done in one sitting before. I ate a delicious salad and drank a ton of water. I have no idea where all the time is going today.

I had an employee offer me chocolate and I politely declined. He proceeded to offer again and stick the chocolate in my face taunting me saying "You know you want a piece." I politely declined again and told him that I was doing really well with my eating habits and I didn't need that right then. He got a little pushy and somewhat irritated asking me, "I thought that chocolate was what women really wanted?". Still trying to deny it and continue working, I may have sounded a bit more harsh than I would like to when I told him yet again I did not want any chocolate and to please leave my office. He didn't need anything in my office so I didn't feel too bad asking him to leave. He got upset and said that he "tries to do something nice and this is what I get?" I just kept working and tried to get my mind off of chocolate.

2:00pm- Catalyst yet again has met it's match. Done!

The exchange I had earlier with the employee is still on my mind. It was a nice gesture and I was nice in declining at first, but it just wasn't what I wanted or needed to add to my plan for the day.

It makes me think...I wonder how many times I try to please God or earn His favor by filling my schedule with things that might be great things, but aren't what He has for me? There is no doubt that there are hundreds of good, even great, things that we all can be doing. But if it distracts, or hinders us from what we should be doing, what God has for us, then it's not what we really should be spending our time, efforts, finances, etc. on. Only God and I know what that is specifically for my life. And I'm still figuring all of that out. What is most important? Where does God want to use me?

5:00pm- I drank another Spark. I was feeling a little slow having worked so hard earlier and I needed something to pick me back up and keep me focused. It also helped hold me over until I could eat dinner.

It's Thursday so we have Lifegroup with my church family. This is one of my favorite nights of the week! I was a little nervous because we usually have sweets as a snack but I read an email that one of the girls was bringing hummus and chips instead. I'm not at all tempter by hummus and chips so I was safe. It was a direct blessing and protection from the Lord.

I drank a meal replacement shake because I didn't have time to get anything healthy on the way; no fast food would have worked. One of my friends ate a girl scout cookie and it didn't even bother me! Sure I want sweets but before I would have eaten anything and now I'm more conscious about what would actually be worth wasting those calories on. That is a HUGE improvement. I drank so much water that I think it was actually a distraction. It helped that Sweetness was calling my name, so every time she called, I got to get up, pee, and refill my water bottle. I swear the water is literally just running through me. Am I even soaking anything up? I drank 6 of my TMNT mug full of water. That's 96oz on top of the 88oz I had at work. Too much? I don't know but I was craving it and was so thirsty!

12:30am- Finally going to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Recap: I did really well today. I am actually really enjoying the products now and hopeful that I will see some results in a couple more weeks. I have more energy and I'm slowly but surely losing my cravings for all that is sweet. Making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment