Monday, March 17, 2014

Day Five and Six, crazy weekend

My Journey: Day Five and Six

If you aren't aware of the journey I'm on and why, check out this blog post here. It will all make a little more sense. Enjoy, and thank you for stopping by!

This weekend was a little crazy so I'm throwing my usual format out the window. It didn't have enough stuff to fill the time slots. I didn't let the wonky schedule throw off all of my efforts in the challenge, but I couldn't keep a good eating schedule on Saturday because Sweetness was throwing up. Saturday morning was completely normal and she was fine. We went to a birthday part for one of her little friends at a park. She was so excited and had a lot of fun! I knew that I was going to be going out to lunch afterwards, so I didn't eat anything before going. The first thing my beautiful host says is, "I'm sorry this party isn't Advocare friendly!" I literally laughed out loud that she would even think about that! That shows you just a pinch how sweet she is! I told her it didn't matter and I would be fine. This party was for Zaden, not me! Sweetness ran, played, sang happy birthday, ate a little bit of a cupcake and was generally a happy camper. I drank water and resisted the pizza, cupcakes, cookies and brownies that were all laid before me. I was diligent in drinking my water and kept myself busy talking to other parents and playing with all the kiddos.

When we left the party, Sweetness was tired, but still acting normal. The plan was to drop me off to eat lunch with Mr.'s sister and the rest of her bridesmaids and then go with them to try on bridesmaid dresses. I paid for my lunch and right before sitting down I got a message that Ryot threw up all in Mr.'s Jeep. After trying to figure out what the best plan was, I left the lunch and went to Mr.'s apartment to clean her, the car seat and the jeep up. I tried to leave after she was resting, but got another message that she had thrown up again, so I had to apologize profusely to the bride and return to Mr.'s apartment with extra paper towels and bleach. She didn't throw up again the whole time that I was there and just acted tired, but she hadn't taken a nap so it made sense.

We finally ate "lunch" at 3:30 and I had steamed veggies and grilled chicken. It was bland, but ok. I was just glad to have food. I was still a little hungry after eating, but I knew that my stomach just wasn't communicating to my brain fast enough, so I didn't eat anymore and just waited. We went back to my apartment around 6:30 where I cleaned a little and finally settled Ryot in bed at 7:30. I was a little hungry at that point but I didn't want to eat too late, so I cooked chicken, pasta and veggies for Mr. and myself. It was almost 9 by the time we ate so I only ate the veggies. I didn't want a chunk of meat sitting in my stomach when I was going to bed and I was satisfied after the veggies.

An emotional Friday followed by a crazy Saturday had me worn down! I'm so thankful Sunday gave a little break from the craziness. I drank my Spark when I first woke up in the morning. It was good and gave me energy for the morning. I was working with the little babies in the nursery at church so I needed the energy. I drank my Meal Replacement shake before we got any kids in the room and I was ready to go. I didn't drink as much water as I should have in the morning but I was visiting, changing diapers and feeding little ones so I was doing something more important.

Since plans were foiled on Saturday, the Bride and I went to try on bridesmaid dresses. I chose three to try on and picked one right away that I liked. It fit perfectly and made me feel really pretty. Hopefully it will be a bit big for me by the time the wedding rolls around in May. I'm crossing my fingers!! After the dress shopping, we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse. They only have the BEST ROLLS AND CINNAMON BUTTER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! But I didn't eat any even though I had to help Sweetness spread butter on hers. I refrained. I got steak kabobs with red and green bell peppers and onions and steamed veggies. I ate one of the two kabobs and all my veggies, plus drinking water. I was full but not over stuffed and I still had energy and motivation to do some laundry when I got home. That was a great feeling.

Right before bed on Sunday, I realized that the Fiber Drink is only Days 1-3 and 8-10 so I unintentionally planned these 10 days perfectly! I got Friday through Monday off of the Fiber Drink which was a nice little break. However, I'm not dreading the Fiber Drink because I know I only have to do 3 more days of it. Score!

Recap of the weekend: I love that even when my weekend is crazy, God is still good. All the time. I'm looking forward to the changes that are coming my way in the near future and I'm motivated to rock this next week! For 'if God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)


No comments:

Post a Comment