Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day Nine, discovering delight

My Journey: Day Nine

If you aren't aware of the journey I'm on and why, check out this blog post here. It will all make a little more sense. Enjoy, and thank you for stopping by!

5:00am- Shower time! I walked to the bathroom, got ready to take a shower and turned on the water all with my eyes closed. It is definitely a Spark morning. But I'm on the 24 Day Challenge so every morning is a Spark morning regardless! Ha!

6:00am- Sweetness wanted to wear a princess dress so she is wearing a gray dress with a pretty tulle fabric skirted bottom and black "parkly" shoes.  She wouldn't leave the house with taking "Wozen" with her. She was so excited to watch it later. We spent the whole drive to daycare bantering over which one was Elsa and Ana. It was hilarious. I loved seeing her form her argument by what color hair they had.

"That Elsa."
"No lovey, her name is Ana."
"Mommy, Ana is white."
"Ana has the brown hair."
"No bown, Elsa bown."

She was very convincing; incorrect, but convincing and cute nonetheless.

8:00am- I'm getting hungrier. I drank my Fiber Drink and MRS now instead of later like I have been with my crazy work schedule. It was delicious. I definitely needed it to get started.

***We interrupt your normally scheduled daily breakdown because I can't really remember what I did***
***I should have written it down like the other days***
***bad memory***
***oops***

6:30pm- I picked up dinner from Robinette Catering. (If you are in my area, this is an awesome little spot! They have "Dish and Dash" where they prepare home cooked meals that all you have to do is go home and put in the oven or microwave! It's great for working moms!) I got the swiss chicken crepes. I just opened the crepes and ate the chicken and spinach inside them. Yay, for no carbs.

7:00pm- Sweetness is watching Frozen wand I am fighting my sweet craving right now. She is eating a brownie that she got from Robinette Catering; which of course is only my favorite dessert in the whole wide world. I had to just get up and put laundry away so that I didn't have to watch her eat it.

Tomorrow is my last day on the cleanse. I have followed all the rules and been true to the guidelines as best as I could with my schedule. I read a comment online today from an Advo group post that stated that the cleanse is not really designed for weight loss. That definitely made me a little hopeful. I just don't understand how i could change my whole diet and add supplements and not see a change. I used to drink a soda a day, eat candy almost everyday, and was eating a lot of fast food. I have cut ALL of that out and will be really disappointed if I don't see any change, honestly. We shall see on Friday.

I have been having a sort of same conversation in my head about my prayer life. I'm really working on praying more fervently and precisely. It's a daily battle to remember that God delights to have communication with us as His children. I loved sitting with little girl for a short moment to watch her watch Frozen. She was laughing and getting my attention to show me funny parts. It was a delight for me to see her so happy and want to share that with me. It's also a delight in a different way when she comes to me for something that she needs. How much more does God care for us? How much more does He delight to see joy in us from what He has provided? How much more do he welcome come to Him first when our hearts are hurting?

8:30pm- The munchkin is in bed and I'm matching up socks. I hate matching up socks, so I turned the movie Shawshank Redemption on to make it more bearable.

9:00pm- My brain is fried and I'm falling asleep sitting up writing in my journal. Ha! Time to get ready for bed.

Recap: Today was full of wonderful reminders of how God views His children. I am a delight. I am an aroma. When God looks at me, He doesn't see all of my faults, but He sees Jesus in me. I am a pleasant aroma and He cares about what moves my heart. The passions that I have are God-given, so He delights to see me seek Him on how to use them and rejoices with me when I am diligent to give Him the glory. and He deserves ALL the glory.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this. I needed to hear it today. And I'm impressed with your 10 day challenge results!! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete