Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day Eight, love is the beat and joy is the melody

My Journey: Day Eight

If you aren't aware of the journey I'm on and why, check out this blog post here. It will all make a little more sense. Enjoy, and thank you for stopping by!

5:00am - Good Morning! I sprung out of bed and took a shower ready for the day.

6:00am- My Pink Lemonade Spark tasted a little too sweet this morning! I have completely lost the vitamin flavor that I used to taste so much in the beginning. It's really nice! I feel cleaner, more energized, not jittery, focused, and ready for my day! As I was getting ready this morning, I glanced down and saw my scale. I REALLY wanted to get on it this morning but I had great self-control to walk out instead. There is nothing good that can come out of me stepping on the scale right now. I need to just wait two more days.

7:00am- Sweetness was so happy and wonderful this morning. I couldn't ask for a more amazing little person in my life. She wanted me to take pictures of her and cuddle and she wanted to go "soom". I told her the water was way too cold to swim just yet and she quickly went back to being her joyful self. Then I read this quote from Graham Cooke:

"Joy is about elation. It's about having a sense of wonder. It's taking absolute pleasure in someone or something. It's about being jubilant. It's being cheerful, triumphant, celebratory. So when we are practicing joy, we are learning the art of celebration. What are we celebrating? God is for me. God is with me. He is for me, He is on my side. He is in me. He surrounds me. Everything about Him is for me, and He will help me. I am rejoicing in the fact that I know what God is like." - From Cultivating the Fruit of the Spirit

I posted it to Facebook when I got to work hoping that it would remind someone to have joy. I think everyone should read it when they wake up in the morning. Why not?

8:00am- First day back of the Fiber Drink was a little harder to drink than it had been before. I think those days off from drinking it spoiled me a little. But it was my fault. I don't think I mixed it up very well and that definitely makes all the difference. My Meal Replacement Shake and OmegaPlex went down charmingly and  filled me up!

Where has the time gone? How did I get to this point of needing to "diet" when I used to be in such good shape? How did my little teeny baby grow up to be almost 3 yrs old? I saw a picture of her from when she was 10 months and it brought a little tear to my eye. No matter how old she gets, I will still remember how tiny she was and how mesmerized I was (and am) with her beauty and spunk. It just motivates me even more to get in shape and change my attitude toward my confidence so that she won't have this example of self-hate or low self-esteem. She is beautiful and perfect and wonderful and spirited and she has SO much to accomplish because there is no one in the world as prepared and cut out for her path as her. Now I need to turn the tables and say that back to myself.

12:00pm- I ate a Chicken Caesar Salad and a cuties Orange for lunch. My day went from busy at work to dead slow. Here's to the next 5 hours...

2:00pm- I took a small break to eat a handful of yogurt covered raisins, another cutie Orange and spend about 15 minutes soaking up the sun outside. I can't wait to shed some pounds and feel comfortable out in a swimsuit so I can get some color on my ghostly white skin!

When I got back in the office I saw two videos on Youtube that I absolutely fell in love with. They made me fall in love with love over and over the more I listened to them. Romantically or not, love is a beautiful, life changing thing if you embrace it. Love for strangers in the form of kindness, love for elders in the for of respect, love for significant others, love for friends in the form of loyalty, love for your employers in the form of humility and hard work. Everything is based from love, either a lack of it which creates need and emptiness or a surplus which fills you to overflow so you can bless others. Either way, it is the foundation.

5:00pm- Time to depart! I went home, changed my clothes and met Mr. to go get Sweetness. She was happy and didn't want to leave because she was watching Curious George.

6:45pm- We met sweet friends for dinner at Zoe's Kitchen. I got the protein plate which had grilled chicken, caramelized onions over raw dry slaw. It was delicious. I would have probably like it more if the chicken and onions were warmer but it was healthy and delicious so I can't complain. We stayed for a while visiting and attempting to entertain Sweetness who didn't eat ANY of her food.

11:00pm- Finally to bed. I got all of the stuff ready for tomorrow morning and wrote a little in my journal. I anticipate passing out very soon after my head hits the pillow.

Recap: The afternoon was so boring slow that I had to fight some cravings for sweets. If I stay busy, I don't typically think about wanting sweets. So I just have to stay busy. It won't be hard to find things to do but more finding the motivation to work a full non-stop day at work to be a full non-stop mommy to being a full non-stop homemaker. Only the grace of God will allow me to even come close to succeeding.

Remember that in all to begin with love and let joy seep through every crack and crevice!

No comments:

Post a Comment