Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day Seven, it won't be for lack of trying

My Journey: Day Seven

If you aren't aware of the journey I'm on and why, check out this blog post here. It will all make a little more sense. Enjoy, and thank you for stopping by!

6:30am- My alarm went off at 5:00am but I couldn't get up. I fell back asleep until now which is usually the time I'm leaving the house in the morning. I quickly chugged my grape spark and took the Pro-Biotic Restore before leaving the house. The grape didn't taste as good this morning because I didn't let the water get really cold. But it's ok. I know that the energy I get from it will more than enough make up for the lukewarm taste.

7:00am- I love waking up in the dark and getting to watch the sunrise on my way to work. God's faithfulness is just like the sunrise. If you are in a dark place, He will provide and show up in the most miraculous sunrise painted just for you. It may seem like forever to you, but in His timing it's just one nightfall to daybreak. For is good, y'all. If you seek to find fault, all you will plant is doubt. If you seek to find His goodness, He WILL reveal it to you.

8:00am- I started to psych myself out this morning. Browsing one of my awesome fit groups on Facebook, I saw people posting their results of weight and inches lost after their cleanse. When I look in the mirror I don't see a difference and I only have 3 days left. I really was getting nervous that I wouldn't lose any weight or inches. But then I saw this picture posted from another group I follow on Facebook called Fit Girls 4 Life:



And this one sentence gave me a little more inspiration: "To looking in the mirror and not seeing any change, throwing on your running shoes and hitting the gym anyway." I just have to keep going. I just have to keep trying and I will see results eventually. I have to make it my goal that if I don't see results, it will literally have to be because of something actually medically wrong with me. It won't be for lack of trying. It won't be for lack of working out. It won't be from lack of eating right. For seven days now I have eaten clean, drank more water than I thought possible and turned away temptation that was right in front of my face. I haven't cheated even once. This is unheard of for me. Who knew I could quit coffee cold turkey like that? I didn't even have one caffeine headache and now I am saving a ton of money by not going to Starbucks or having to continually stock creamer in my fridge. I can do this. I will NOT step on the scale until Friday, March 21. That will be the start of day 11 and I will have completed the whole ten day cleanse. And no matter what the results, I will continue to eat clean, drink more water than I think is possible, and refuse temptation for the next 14 days until I'm done with the challenge. I'm just praying I see results. It will definitely make this a lot less frustrating!

10:00am- Work got so crazy as a typical Monday morning does, and I wrote two blog posts covering the past three days, so I didn't drink my meal replacement shake or take my OmegaPlex until just now. I forgot my water bottle at home so I'm going to have to be diligent in refilling this small cup of water. It seems like something so small but I get so caught up in working that I don't take the time to get up to refill it.

2:30pm- I got so much work done I feel like a superhero! I finally ate a chicken salad and drank so much water. I also noticed that I am really on point today, thanks to my Spark!!

5:30pm- My boss asked me for a lot of information just fifteen minutes before I was leaving the office so I got out a little late. Mr. and I went to pick up Sweetness and head to eat. I really didn't want to cook so we went to IHop. I had scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and fruit. I could have sworn that I said, "water with no lemon", so I was really confused when I saw my water had two lemons and Mr.'s didn't have any. I assumed that Mr. had given me his lemons, but he confirmed that I actually asked for water with lemon. So instead of throwing it away like I normally would have, I looked up the nutritional information for lemon water. I found a bunch of different articles that all point to it being good for you, so I squeezed both of the big lemon wedges in my water and stirred it up. Golly, it was sour! Part of me liked that I was getting to drink something other than plain water, but the bigger part of me was just dissatisfied because it just left me thirsty!

8:30pm- I had a cup of purple grapes.

10:00pm- I fell asleep downstairs on the futon.

12:00am- I went upstairs, took my Herbal Cleanse with a glass of water and went to sleep.

Recap: It was a very busy day with a couple mental setbacks on my own doing. Overall I would count it as a good day. Tomorrow is the return of the dreaded Fiber Drink! Only 3 more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment