Friday, June 6, 2014

Sweetness is three already?

My darling Sweetness,

You have changed my life. Three years ago you made sure to have a grand entrance. The waiting, the pain, the medical issues, the unknowing, the intensity - it was all worth it to have you in my arms. My joy outweighed my exhaustion and pain. Baby, God created you, beautiful perfection. Your perfect lips, your long fingers and toes, your dark hair, your inquisitive eyes, your skinny little legs - all hand crafted to the exact measure of awesome. I instantly fell head over heels in love with you; an emotion I was told I would have, but never understood until I met you.

5lb, 11oz, 17 in long of pure perfection.








I look back on the first year with so much joy and pride. I didn't mind waking up with you in the night and sometimes would just stay awake watching you sleep peacefully. We had a lot of me and you time to bond. At 9 months old we embarked on a crazy, wild adventure. I know that God gave me you for this time because we helped get each other through it. I want you to know that I did that I did the absolute best that I could for you, for us. God is good, sweet baby. He is good all the time and He loves you more than either of us could possibly imagine. I loved seeing your personality develop. I cherished all the milestones that you hit of crawling, walking, screeching at incredibly high octaves that I'm sure gave me some hearing loss, and the memories of this special me and you time. I don't have very many pictures from this time, but please know that I can imagine it like it was yesterday and will always cherish those times. You are precious.

The second year went by very quickly because we stayed so busy! We had so much fun and made so many memories of park trips, and sweet mommy/Sweetness time at home together. Several times I cried - tears of joy, of course - as the realization that you are EXACTLY what I had prayed for. I prayed that you would be independent, strong, confident, and spirited with a living heart. Well darling, you sure have enough spirit for the both of us. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Now it's your third birthday. I didn't realize how much would change from two to three. You are taller, your hair is longer, you've lost more of your baby face, of course, which is all part of getting older. But even more than physically, you matured and blossomed. You are asking a lot of questions which I honestly love. I love watching you learn and figure things out. You are hilarious. I have enjoyed this year that I have had the pleasure of helping you learn, love, and live. 

You are beautiful. Inside and out. 
You can do anything. 

I'm so looking forward to this next year. God is going to use you in mighty ways, little one. And I'm privileged to be a part of it. 

You are very loved
Very cherished
And very set apart. 

Happy birthday, darling. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post!! Your little girl is so beautiful and I enjoyed seeing her baby pictures...they really do grow up so fast. Happy birthday to your precious girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Hannah! I was just looking at pictures of little Juan and Rosie!!! I can't believe how big they are getting! I love this phase of growing babies!

      Delete