Wednesday, June 25, 2014

20 Facts about ME! - 31DC2

I remember the youth group leaders walking around with a bag full of M&M's telling us all to take a handful. The moment they told us not to eat them I knew I should have only grabbed a few instead of the overflowing handful I had then. It was after taking our handful that we learned that for every M&M, we would have to tell something about ourselves. That's a scary thing for a group of middle and high school kids to do. But we did it. We opened up. We formed closer bonds. We learned about each other. We connected.

So today, as part of my 31 Day Challenge, I am going to share 20 facts about me with you!

1. I can whistle a note, but not a tune.
2. My sense of direction likens that of a blindfolded tourist who has been spun around 37 times and dropped off in a foreign country.
3. I would rather be given choices, than free reign.
4. I take pictures of everything and everyone at every moment. I'm not ashamed.
5. Summer is my favorite season. I don't mind the heat, but I hate wearing shorts. It's a dilemma. 
6. I love variety and exploration, but not change. Why ruin a good thing? For example, I love trying new restaurants, but I usually order the same thing at old restaurants.
7. I'm texture sensitive. I can't stand the feel and sound of styrofoam, the feeling of microfiber and suede, or eating anything spongy or slimy like cooked mushrooms. This is why I sometimes will eat watermelon even though I don't like the taste. It has a neat crisp texture.
8. I love meeting new people. They fascinate me. 
9. I am a plant killer. I don't mean to. I just can't keep them alive no matter how hard I try.
10. I'm not a foodie. If I could live off of fruit, chocolate, and coffee, I would in a heartbeat. 
11. Speaking of heart beat, mine is particularly slow...like a resting rate between 30-40 bpm, known as Bradycardia.  
12. I love children. I want to have 5 naturally and through adoption. I would also love to foster. I have 1 beautiful little girl who I have the best relationship with. It secretly makes me want to have all boys for the other babies so that I can have something special between me and her. 
13. I am not afraid of spiders that can kill me, but I am afraid of roaches just because they are disgusting.
14. My favorite smells are coffee and cranberry mandarin. I can't stand vanilla and lavender.
15. My big brother was and is my hero. Always has been, always will be. 
16. I have several countdowns active on my phone for birthdays, holidays, and random events. I like to keep track of time spent and time left.
17. My level of math expertise stops around 3rd grade. 
18. I obsessively watch the speedometer when I'm driving. I have a heavy foot, but I'm terrified to get a ticket. Because of this slight anxiety and #2, I really don't like driving.
19. I'm a hugger. I hug people I have just met. 
20. In 128 days I am marrying "him whom my soul loves". (SOS 3:4) Fact: I never thought I would find a man of his caliber. Who he is encourages me to be a better and truer version of me as a person, a friend, an almost wife, a mom, etc. I love him.



31DC2

6 comments:

  1. I adore you! You and I are soul sisters when it comes to #13. Roaches are my biggest fear. Spiders...meh. LOL!!
    love you sweet friend and your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a FANTASTIC idea with M&Ms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on #13!!! And that's unique that you'll eat watermelon just because of the texture. I love #20!!!! I'm so happy for you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, I'm so excited!

      Yes, I will take one or two bites of watermelon just to chew it. Weird, I know.

      Delete