Thursday, January 2, 2014

My New Year Resolution 2014

We have completed yet another year. I now have survived Y2K, several hurricanes, several predictions of the world ending, economic droughts, and an incredible, yet terrifying, year of single mommyhood. I can say without a doubt that God has held me through it all and provided for me the whole time. He provided financially, mentally, spiritually, physically and emotionally. He placed people and opportunities in my path that gave me hope and great fellowship. He spoke to me in the soft whisper that only He can do. He revealed to me areas that need more chiseling and areas of great accomplishment and improvement. Through it all, He has remained steadfast and faithful to His word. He saved my life. He restored my soul and breathed new life into my weak, achy bones.

There are several things that I plan to do differently in the year 2014. Not fad changes but just a progression of life alterations. Changes in parenting with a more peaceful and accepting approach. Changes to my family dynamic as several new relationships grow. Changes to have more diligence in my home organization. Planning for upcoming changes in the year 2014. I'm excited for the stretching, the growing. I'm excited for the expanded mind. I'm excited to become more open-hearted to God's people. I'm yearning to be more in tune with the Holy Spirit. I'm desperately seeking His voice; just for Him to speak and move.

I feel so honored and grateful for the works that I have already been a part of in the year 2013. I just know that I was made for even more. So, what's my New Years Resolution? Be attentive, listen and move.

Here I am, Lord. Send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment