Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One bad apple DOES NOT spoil the bunch

I know that sometimes I contradict myself in words and deeds. Often I don't make sense at all. It's not a new thing and it's not something I'm oblivious to. I am the worst sinner I know. I'm going to hurt you at some point. One day, I will say or not say something that will rub you the wrong way. Sometimes I'm going to be down-right selfish. It's not my goal to be this way, but it happens. I'm human. I've heard it said that 'the church' is full of hypocrites. You're RIGHT! There are some people who are just plain fake. That is a fact. Then there are some people like me who make mistakes but really are trying to learn, grow and infuse joy into our interactions so that others see Jesus. I don't know where you have gone to church, but if you walked into my church you would find people who genuinely care about you, your story and getting to know God more through worship, service, community and the teaching of the Word.

You don't stop going to a University because of one bad teacher.
You don't stop eating food because you had one bad meal.
You don't stop going to church because of one bad person, group of people or even one whole bad experience.

Galatians 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

John 4:23-24 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment