Monday, January 6, 2014

It's Life

I was lost in pondering for a short time today. I kept asking myself, "What happened a year ago?" What did I do a year ago? What was happening in the world a year ago?" I used the wonderful world wide web to search January 6, 2013. I somehow landed on an article from the LA Times.

Some of these things I knew about. Some of them I didn't. 

Some of them will be remembered. Some won't.

I wonder if the stock broker remembers whatever crisis their boss was yelling at them about. 
I wonder if the child can recall what they learned in school.
I wonder if the mom is still distraught about the sharpie on the living room wall.

I wonder what things I put hope or effort or stress into that I won't remember in a year.
Or a month? 
Or even a week from now?

What is important?
What matters?
Anything left is just a waste.

You might call me intense. 
I call it LIFE.


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment