Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! 

I really can't believe how the holiday is literally upon us. I feel as though I blinked and two weeks were instantly fast forwarded to today. Buying gifts, slicing wrapping paper, Christmas parties, delicious food, family get togethers and of course normal day to day life has made the past two weeks so much fun, yet so busy. 

As I lay here in bed this morning, I can't help but swell with emotion for all the things I am grateful for. 

Right now my serenade is the soft rhythmic hum of little baby snores. She isn't to the age yet of running into my room to wake me up really early in anticipation of opening presents...and I'm so grateful. I'm going to soak up the last bit of 'baby' that is left in my otherwise wildly independent little girl. 

Right now I have Christmas presents under the tree from me, friends, unlikely people (that is another blog post in and of itself), and a wonderful Mr. who is joyfully choosing to tackle this crazy holiday with me. I couldn't ask for more. 

God has truly blessed my life in so many ways. He has answered prayers that I voiced to my beautiful community of prayer warriors, and he has answered the prayers that were so sacred to my heart that they were never shared. 

This Christmas, I am blessed beyond comprehension. 
This Christmas, I have been given the greatest gifts of all without touching the ones under the tree. 
This Christmas, I am kneeling before my Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. 

My prayer today is that peace that really does surpass all understanding will reign in the hearts of all of my friends and family today. Peace regardless of loved ones lost. Peace that covers all wars; spiritual, physical, domestic, international. Peace that makes lasting memories with relatives near and far from our hearts. And lastly my prayer is that we will extend grace and love to all who cross our path because it has been extended to us far greater than we could ever repay. 

I love you, you who are reading this. I say it with all sincerity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment