Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Little Helper

I have a full schedule today. The Mr. has done an incredible job of planning my weekends jam-packed with fun activities. So when the sweetness woke me up this morning I knew I had to hit the floor running. 


I get downstairs, turn on some music. First song Kutless. I can defintely handle that. I pour the sweetness some chocolate milk. No verbal thank you but she smiles at me while inhaling her morning 'coffee'. I start a load of laundry in the washer, get my cup of coffee, and sit on the living room floor to begin folding a basket of clothes that has been sitting in my living room for a couple days. After the sweetness finishes her milk she very charismatically says that she is cold as she shivers and freezes standing beside me. I pull her in my lap and cover her with he blanket and we start folding laundry. 


I love how she chooses to help me on her own. She so proudly boasts that she is helping me. She excitedly grabs clothes out of the basket, folds them in her best 2 yr old attempt and then makes a pile. All from just watching me and wanting to help. The best part is all the kisses and hugs I'm getting while doing this mundane task. She helps fold a shirt then 'mommy kiss it?'  Then she helps me find a match to a sock and says 'mommy wuv woo. Look I did it!' And jumps in my arms for a hug. Sure it may take 30 minutes to fold these clothes but I wouldn't trade it for the world. 


I just hope and pray that God will shape and mold my heart so that I can exhibit other qualities she will want to imitate. Qualities of self-love that is not selfish but confident. Qualities of compassion for Gods people and hard work so to avoid idle hands. I hope to help facilitate an atmosphere of love and acceptance to encourage her to be the person that she wants to be and ultimately the woman that God has created to excel and change the world. 


She can be anything, do anything. And I get to be a part of that. My heart overflows with gratitude for the opportunity to be her mommy. 


And this is just the beginning. 


2 comments:

  1. You have such a precious daughter!! I love that she wants to imitate you…and I know that you are such a wonderful mommy to imitate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I can say that same to you and Juanito!! Such a cutie!

      Delete