Thursday, November 7, 2013

What are you waiting for?

Morpheus: What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

I have been staring at this quote for over 3 hours now without being able to capture my thoughts. What am I waiting for? That is a multi-faceted question. This question asked to the high school version of me would have been promptly answered with a fiery passion. I probably would have felt instantly inspired and shared Jesus with the next person that walked past me. A passion like the top flame of a bonfire that's beautiful, yet unpredictably wild.

This question can't only asked once to me now, but needs to be repeated in every situation. The more I tune my desires through His channel, the more intricate this question really gets. Instead of viewing life through a wide angle lens, I am focusing my eyes through a microscope examining each possibility. Each molecule that makes up a person or decision. It's the difference between what you know and what you believe. I know that I am cherished and chosen because I read it in the Bible and because HE says so. To know, to keep that information locked in the brain is ineffective. To take it a step further to reinforce those thoughts with belief is where the magic happens.

It's a constant battle to fight the old ways and thoughts. It's a deep burning, a longing. It's the coals of the fire glowing a brilliant blue, stable and constant. The deepest burn, the toughest to put out, the strongest and mostly unseen warriors. It's far greater than mere knowledge. It is identity. It is an essential core makeup of purpose. It is realizing that you have what it takes. That burning, that desire for purpose, that calling that's deep in you for more, so much more.

What are you waiting for? You are more equipped than this. You have more reason to live than this. Don't merely think you are cherished and chosen for a greater purpose, know you are. Know who you are. Know whose you are. Come on. Stop trying to earn forgiveness and just accept the gift I have already given you. Stop trying to pay the price I have already taken care of. Stop asking for joy and surrounding yourself with things that take your focus off me. Stop asking for courage but refusing to put on the armor I'm giving you. Stop sounding the battle cry and not using your sword. Stop trying to belong in this world and instead live for something greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment