Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I'm purple

Its an intricate thing, this life. This life full of health and heartache, love and loss, battles and bitterness. As I'm getting breakfast ready my nephew pipes up with his inquisitive voice 'Aunt Kayla, what makes purple?' I smile and respond, 'Red and-' With a big smile on his face he chimes in 'Blue! I knew that!'

For some reason this has stuck with me going on the second day. What makes purple? Who thought to mix those two colors  together? Was it an accident? Was the inventor scolded for being different the first time purple was discovered? Maybe the inventor was intentional in his art and had put thought, effort and planning into creating something new. I wonder if the inventor liked the color when they saw it. Some may ask, 'what does it matter if he liked it?' But I think joy is an essential part of daily life. I would like to think they discovered purple and smiled at its brilliance. Something new, daring and different. Maybe they did embrace the change. Maybe. 

I don't embrace change very well on my own. This is intense to the point that I usually order only my 'usuals' from specific restaurants. I have a schedule and a plan. I enjoy being organized and knowing what's coming next. I was wondering if the purple artist was just like me; wanting stability and craving dependable circumstances, people, places, things, etc. Maybe the artist was tired and accidentally dropped them causing them to mix together. 

It's a crazy thing to actually get what you ask for in prayer when you previously believed prayer was more of a formality than a conversation. Before, this thought would have turned into me wondering what opportunities I had missed but now I can have this thought and thank Hm for all the crazy I scheduled things/people he has brought in my life. He is good even when we don't realize the inner workings of his plan. He is good, all the time. 

I wonder what color I am today. Am I stuck being purple or will I allow him to mold me into a color never seen before?
I believe it can be done. 
I'm ready to be mixed, molded and mashed into something new and beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment