Thursday, November 21, 2013

I'm joking, but seriously

It's simple, really. A funny statement with huge implications. That happens often, doesn't it? A thought formed into a sentence and as everyone laughs I can't help notice a churning of the Spirit, a shifting in the foundation.




In the midst of a joke, a funny statement, a comical jab, and through a text message of all things he typed,
"You're forgiven."

Then HE said, "Did you hear that? YOU ARE FORGIVEN"

In that moment it was as if time stood still, all life suspended in its perfect balance. Quiet enough that I could hear my own breathing. His Spirit intertwined with mine, breathing in and out in sync.

You are forgiven.

I don't have to ask repeatedly. I am forgiven. Period. Then just like that, the play button is jammed and the bustle of noise resumes. Snap back to reality. I'm driving. Where am I going? Work. Yes, my job. I have to work. A slight smile curls on my lips as I pull into the parking lot.

It's a lot easier to fight the war when you know that in the end, you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment