Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend Recap: Valentines day edition

Weekend recap!

My brain works in weird ways. No, I'm serious. For example, if someone tells me that I am looking good or asked if I have been working out, my next meal will probably be healthy and I am really motivated to work out. If someone asks if I am pregnant, which happens more often than you'd think, or if they say that I've gained weight it seriously is like permission to grab an extra brownie and say 'screw weightloss!' A little backwards, I know. 

You might think that when someone hates their job, they would love their weekends. That is, however, the opposite case for me. I thought I loved my weekends before, but now that I love my job I enjoy my weekends so much more because I don't have the dread of Monday morning hanging over my head. I have an active relationship with a perfect loving God who speaks to and through me on a daily basis. I have the honor of being the mommy to the most adorable and precious little girl I could have never designed hmyself. I have been so blessed with a caring Godly man by my side. I have shelter, food, security, clothes and the necessary items to live a comfortable life. What more do I need? 

My weekends have been filled with so many fun activities and this weekend was no exception. 

Friday the Mr. and I got a surprise blessing when his sister, Ashley, offered to babysit for us so we could have a valentines date. She is the one who set us up and she is the one who is helping our relationship grow with encouragement and occasional babysitting. I'm so grateful! 

On the way to dinner, Mr. and I talked about those beginning days. We laughed at the small mishaps and awkward moments and both expressed how thankful we are that things continued so we could get to this moment. We went to dinner, got ice cream (White Russian and chocolate for me!), went to the beach to watch the waves roll in, and then I got to see where he works and meet some of his coworkers. We came back to Sweetness peacefully sleeping and talked with Ashley and her fiancé, Thomas. Such a great night!

Ready for our date!
Yum!
So handsome!!!
Beautiful flowers!

Saturday morning Sweetness and I leisurely got out of bed, cleaned, ate breakfast and just spent good quality time together. We watched pitch perfect where she danced and laughed which of course was more fun for me to watch than the actual movie. Then we went to the park to swing high on the swings, balance on the curbs, make piles of mulch, learn how to be kind to new friends, and Mr. met us there to play and walk on the dock over the water. 

What a diva!
About to go to the park!
Balancing!
She literally stopped halfway down and complained because she wanted to go fast. 
Swinging is both her and my favorite thing!!

We went back to the house, ate lunch, and put Sweetness down for her nap. Mr. and I played Egyptian War and enjoyed good conversation, a lot of laughter and maybe a little bit of cheating. We heard Sweetness' movie end and she immediately came downstairs. We soon found out it was no coincidence because she fell asleep in the car not even 2 miles down the road on the way to dinner. She stayed asleep through getting her out of the car seat, through the whole dinner, putting her back in the car seat and going to Mardel's. She only woke up in the Marsel's cart because I had to prop her upright in the tiny cart. I should have taken a picture of her fantastic sleep lines and bed head. 
We have so much fun! 
Laughter is good medicine!
In deep conversation, obviously. 
My two loves!
We had barely left the house and she was already out!!!!
Sleeping in the booth!
Yum! 

This weekend has come to a close and now it's Sunday! Time for us to go to church, celebrate the birth of my niece with family and rest so that we can be rejuvenated and motivated to hit the ground running! I am so blessed. Love my life!



1 comment:

  1. What a fun Valentine's weekend!!! I loved seeing all the photos. Your little one is so cute!!! I love her personality as it shines through the photos. And looked beautiful on your date :)

    ReplyDelete