Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dream of Hope

People intrigue me.
So naturally, the relationships between people intrigue me. 
I solicited Google to see what the recommended searches would be for key phrases. Let's see if you are as confused as I was...actually the answers scared the living daylights out of me.

I searched "I wish my husband"

"I wish my husband would die"
"I wish my husband would leave"
"I wish my husband loves me"
"I wish my husband was dead"

I searched "I wish my wife"

"I wish my wife would lose weight"
"I wish my wife would have an affair"
"I wish my wife would love me"
"I wish my wife was this dirty"

I searched "I wish my parents"

"I wish my parents would divorce"
"I wish my parents were dead"
"I wish my parents were rich"
"I wish my parents never had me"

I searched "I want my child"

"I want my child to be gay"
"I want my child support"
"I want my childhood back"
"I want my child to be a model"

It's hard to find the words that I am feeling right now. I am devastated. I remember being at the low of the low and feeling like I couldn't breathe because of the pain I was in. There is a point of anguish and hopelessness that a person's heart can reach that is absolutely suffocating. I have been there. I know it's true. But there would have to be a lot of people in that state of desperation for it to effect the main search engine of the world. I don't wish that type of pain on anyone, and knowing that the majority of our population feels hopeless makes me angry and sad at the same time.

I just wish I could talk to these people. I wish that I could help them. I wish that I could share with them the hope that I have. I wish they understood that there is healing and hope specifically set aside for them!

Even through abuse, there is hope.
Even through neglect, there is hope.
Even through loneliness, there is hope.
Even through financial hardship, there is hope.
Even through bitterness, there is hope.
Even through depression, there is hope.
There is no area or corner in the depths of your heart that hope can't reach.

Is it a quick fix? No, of course not. But there is no such thing as ruined people. I thought I was ruined. I thought I was no good and that I had nothing to offer. Now I have a wonderful life full of love, real friendships, great successes and so much joy that will only continue to get better the farther down this life road I get.

You can change your stars.
You can write a new ending.
You can be happy.
You can have hope.

This hope is free to you as a gift from someone who loved you literally more than life itself.
It was purchased in blood.
It was purchased with you specifically in mind.
So that through His death, you could be resurrected with Him to live a life of JOY.

I dream of a search engine that will say things like
"I wish my husband would know how important he is to our family."
"I wish my wife would realize how beautiful she is."
"I wish my parents would know that I am thankful for them"
"I want my child to know they are special."

I dream of people searching for how they can make the world a better place.
It can not be ignored any more.
Too many women are in slavery to human trafficking.
Too many men are addicted to sex, drugs and pride.
Too many children are neglected or abused.
Too many people are hopeless.

I don't think this dream is too unrealistic, but it has to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment