Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy 30th Birthday Dustin!

It's a very special day today. Today is my big brother's birthday. I have many sisters, but only one brother. I have a lot of memories that flood to mind when I think about my brother. Memories of rollerblading through the apartment complex. Memories of big brother torture probably instigated by me being the annoying little sister...sorry bro. Memories of learning how to play Super Mario and beating the game several times. I was in awe! 

I have memories of talking to him on the phone the day my mom died. I was so scared and he made me feel so much better. I have memories of being terrified and having horrible nightmares while he was deployed with the Marines. That followed by extreme excitement, relief, and pure joy when he finally returned home and would come visit. I have memories of bragging about my big brother to all my friends. 

At 7 yrs old, I looked up to him for his Nintendo skills.
At 14 yrs old, I looked up to him for being a hero.
Now at 24 yrs old, I look up to him for being a great man after God's own heart.


I knew he was going to be a good husband before he got married; and he chose a beautiful, smart, hilarious, kind, and Godly wife that is a wonderful addition to my band of sisters.

I knew he was going to be a good dad before Addison was born; and he helped create an adorable, smiley, smart, and sweet little girl that I am lucky to call my niece.

I know he will excel in whatever he does in the future because God is on his side. 

I have enjoyed what I have gotten to experience of the first 30 years and I am definitely going to enjoy the next 30. I know that God has some awesome things planned for my brother, Heidi, Addi, and all the people that come into their lives. 

Happy 30th Birthday to my FAVORITE big brother. 
I love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment