Friday, February 7, 2014

The Ugly Truth

There are always two sides to every story.  Like this:

I am showering in a beautifully clean shower this morning. 

How is this possible on a Friday morning when I work full time and am full time mommy to a 2.5 year old AND I'm sick? Well obviously I must just be a really dedicated mommy, hard working house keeper and have somehow found the genius way to siphon energy from the sweetness, of course in a non-evasive procedure. 

Negative ghost rider. 

The truth? Ryot pooped in the tub last night. The LAST thing I wanted to do towards the end of the work week, at the end of the work day, right before bed time while coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose constantly...was to clean out the bath tub. 

My life is awesome. I talk about it all the time. I post statuses about how much I love my crazy girl, crazy job, crazy life. I really do love it. I'm not lying. But my joy comes from somewhere, someone different. I don't enjoy putting sweetness in timeout for running away in the parking lot but then Im reminded that I am helping guide her passions towards being a contributing member of society. I don't like stepping on Barbie shoes and having to constantly pick up toys, but then I am reminded that the reason I am picking up these toys is because I have been so blessed to have a child at all.  

I have so much to be thankful for. There is ALWAYS silver lining. God is ALWAYS there in trouble, triumph and trying times. I am tested every day. I fail every single day. But I also succeed every single day because the goal is not to have a perfect life but to love God and love other people and there is not just one right way to do that. The stay at home mommy that has never been divorced doesn't have a better life than I do, just different. We have all been given a separate set of skills, talents, and situations that enable us to accomplish a task meant for only us. We might meet some like-hearted peole along the way but no one is exactly alike. Don't desire my life or someone else's life, desire joy. Yearn for joy. Seek joy in your specific life. Ask God to overflow you with joy. That is a prayer request He will answer EVERY time. 

So don't be fooled! If you start to feel a twinge of jealousy or discontent as to why I, or other ridiculously happy people on Facebook, are so happy, just always go back and reference this post. When you see my status about laying in bed with the sweetness and cuddling or when I post how thankful I am for this crazy life I have, I might have just cleaned poop out of the tub. 

And that is nothing to be jealous about. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the poop in the tub! I had that happen the other night too. I wasn't planning on cleaning the tub that soon, but did out of necessity. Thanks for the challenge to have joy in God in the midst! Sometimes that's really hard!!

    ReplyDelete