Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Personality Quiz

There have been several personality quizzes floating around Facebook recently; most of them from Zimbio.com of buzzfeed.com.

What Disney Sidekick are you?
What Star Trek Character are you?
What Sesame Street Character are you?
What Arrow Character are you?

Most of the time, I disagree with the results I get. Why is that? Am I subconsciously answering the questions incorrectly? I wonder if my insecurities come into play when I'm asked "What is your best attribute?". I know I always think a little harder when asked that question. I wonder if my ideals of the kind of person I want to influence when I'm asked "What do you do on a rainy day?". Is my first answer what I want to be like or the answer I really am? At the point that you receive the less that desirable verdict, do you retake the quiz? Are the results less than desirable because that's not who I want to be or because they don't accurately display who I am? Is there a conflict because who I am and who I want to be are so far off? Are they so far off because I have unrealistic expectations of myself?

That was a lot of questions. Surprisingly, or maybe not surprisingly to some of you smarty pants out there, a lot of these answers rest in both categories. I believe sometimes my answer is who I want to be instead of who I really am. Sometimes I would like to think that I am really detail oriented, but I'm not. Sometimes I get this picture in my head of who I would rather be instead of just loving who I am completely. That's not the case all the time, or even most of the time, but definitely hits the grid at some point.

What do you think? Do you agree with your results? Do you agree with my results?

No comments:

Post a Comment