Monday, January 5, 2015

Slight Sliver of Hope

The sky was raining the other day. Dark clouds lingering over tired people with their coffee in hand for survival. I didn't have any coffee before I left the house. What a crime it should be to attempt to function in society without a warm cup of joe! I could almost smell the sweet aroma if I closed my eyes and focused really hard.

Taking a deep breath and turning the volume up, the empty spaces began to be filled. Listening to music, the chords strumming with my breathing and the beat of the drum matching the beat of my heart.

The chorus of rain on the pavement, the chill in the air, the sweet harmonies drowning out the mumbling of coworkers in the office.

The slight show of light, the yellow sunbeam peeking through the clouds, just a small sliver of hope for the moment.

And the show must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment