Monday, January 12, 2015

It's a mom thing

Crying from the other room.
My bed is so warm. 
Do I have to get up? 
What time is it? 
I have to pee.
Louder crying. 
The Mr. stirs. 
Gotta get up before she wakes him. 
Trip over the pup. 
She needs to pee. 
I need to pee. 
Get the crying one first.
Loves and hugs and calming deep breaths. 
Turn on a show.
Pour chocolate milk.
I still need to pee. 
Trip over the pup. again.
Oh, right, you need to pee. 
Put on the leash.
Grab my jacket.
Slip on the Mr's shoes by the door.
Explain 34 times to the little one that I am in fact coming back after I let the pup out.
Oh golly, it's freezing. 
Go back inside.
Feed the pup.
I still need to pee.

3 comments:

  1. love you and hope you got to pee...

    Monster and pup do the same thing to me... except it is crying from the "bed couch" in my room... && there is NOOO Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can relate. I always lie there a minute and ask if I'm imagining the noise of the kids waking up.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Ryot crying this morning and I waited for a bit to see if she would get up. She fell back asleep and slept for another hour! I think it was God's gift because nights like this blog post are the usual! ha!

      Delete