Thursday, January 8, 2015

Here's to looking at you, husband.

I was laying in bed that morning watching you get ready. It sounds creepy, but it's not. Hear me out. Sweetness had woken up so many times that night. I was exhausted. The bed was so comfortable and warm, that I did not want to get up.

You were brushing your teeth, putting your contacts in, fixing your hair and other mundane, ordinary tasks. Not that the fact of you brushing your teeth is appealing or mesmerizing, but you are. Those mundane, ordinary tasks were being done in the comfort of our home. OUR home. The home we share together.

I didn't want to get up because I was entranced. By you.

You, as the leader of our home. My best friend. My protector and caretaker. My confidante. My other half. My love.

My husband.

I'm speechless at the gift I have been given of your company. Blown away by your love for me and Sweetness, I can only savor these special reminders. I tuck them away as precious memories to revisit at a later date.

I'm lucky, blessed, and truly honored to be the one who gets to lay in the soft, comfortable, warm bed, looking at you.

Telephone singing, ringing
It's too early, don't pick it up
We don't need to
We got everything we need right here
and everything we need is enough
Just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?
Wake up slow, wake up slow


1 comment: