Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's only Tuesday

Ok, I have to load up the purse. 
Oh gosh, it's pouring down rain. Run, RUN!
Load up Sweetness' daycare bag. 
Oh no! Sweets, get back inside, I'm not leaving you!
Now she is bawling. On top of coughing. 
Just what she needs. An already stuffy nose, and coughing, with tears and now wet from the rain.
Grab the umbrella and get her in the car. 
Take a deep breath. Start the car. 
Slide in reverse. Why isn't it moving?
What is that light?
Really, flat tire? In the pitch black, pouring rain, with a sick baby, at 6 am?
Ok, think. 
Get the baby inside, wrapped in a blanket, turn on Fern Gully. 
She's happy. 
Grab my purse and her bag from my car. Soaking wet now. 
Mr. is on his way to help. 
Fold Laundry with a sick, tired baby in my lap. 
See Mr.'s wonderful face. Sigh of relief.
Change my shoes.
Load up the bags, load up the baby. 
Still wet and tired.
Forgot her milk, but we have no time to go back. 
Drive to my work. Switch the bags to the work truck.
Switch the car seat with the Sweetness still inside to the work truck.
I'm more soaking wet now.
Goodbye kiss in the rain.
Drive to daycare. Sweetness falls asleep. 
Take Sweetness and bags out of truck into daycare where of course she wakes up grumpily.
Feel horrible working mommy guilt.
Try to console as best I can and sit her at the table with her breakfast. 
Kiss goodbye and one last hug. Drive to work. 
8am, phone rings. Deep breath in, Exhale with a smile.
Good Morning, How can I help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment