Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It was Twitter with the candlestick in the library

I have tried to re-enter the Twitter world, to no success. In my opinion, Twitter is an adequate platform for following celebrities or keeping up with trending topics, however, I think English is too beautiful and mysterious a language to be limited by a mere 140 characters. It saddens me to ponder the possibility that by limiting our descriptions, we are preventing our minds from discovering new ideas. I fear the thrill of escape through written verse is nearly extinct.

Maybe it's the extrovert in me that thinks a thought is fleeting unless expressed. Maybe I can give myself more credit and say it's the artist or dreamer in me instead. Either way, if we aren't describing how we feel, who we are, and what we see, what driving force exists to compel us for exploration of more?

There is always more.

No comments:

Post a Comment