Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sweet Day Dreams



"Home? Go home mommy?"

Oh I wish, little darling. I close my eyes and sigh deeply, inhaling the cold crisp air.

And suddenly I see us at home. Still in our pj's, we are eating a pancake breakfast and singing songs together. You get syrup on your pj's and end up stripping down but it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because we are at home. Together. I wipe your face and hands and watch you race to your room only to emerge with the most obnoxiously mismatched outfit that you so proudly display with no reservation. You are too cute and creative for me to dare stifle that vision, so I encourage you and clean up from breakfast.

My sweet day dream is harshly interrupted by the cold breeze of another parent bringing their sweet baby to daycare. Oh yeah, we are at daycare. That beautiful picture of quality time with just me and you isn't my reality.

One day, my sweetness, one day things won't be like this.
God has bigger and better things planned for us. I just know it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh those days were so hard for me. Every time I dropped Heather off at her sitter's house I so wished we were at home. Now she's almost 18 and I keep thinking about all those days when she was little, wishing I had more time then. Just keep on enjoying her, enjoy every moment. They will be memories you will have forever!!

    ReplyDelete