Friday, December 13, 2013

Mommy, watch this!


It's official. The 'Mommy, watch this!' stage has begun.



Mommy, watch this! *cue silly face*
Mommy, watch this! *cue weird noise*
Mommy, watch this! *cue blanket over head*



Mommy, watch this! *cue looking at me through the holes of her crocheted blanket*
Mommy, watch this! *cue standing on one leg with her arms our stretched and one eye open*





Honestly, I love it. I love every minute of it. I love that she thinks its funny. When did my confidence fizzle in expressing myself through interpretive dance and things that I thought were funny? Where did that child-like mentality disappear to? She isn't analyzing whether or not her actions are appropriate or socially acceptable.  I love that she is crying out in her own 2 yr old way for love, affection and acceptance from me. The very fact that she does this is a prime example of our need for emotional acceptance by our loved ones.

What would change this week if you were intentional about loving your spouse or kids?

Are you loving them in the way that they receive love?

Are you assuming they know how you feel or are you expressing it?

Are you honest and open about what areas in your life you need love and acceptance? 

'What the world needs now is love, sweet love. It's the only thing that there's just too little of.' 

Romans 12:10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. 




1 comment:

  1. She is precious!!! And so adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing and for sharing your thoughts on actually delighting in each other…it's such a good reminder!!

    ReplyDelete