Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The New Me

I see girls with long beautiful flowing hair and I just gush. I think they are so beautiful. Then I start to feel insecure about how I look. I start to put importance on this outer carcass I carry around on a daily basis. I start to think about losing weight and shaping up. Ya know, it is going to be swimsuit season soon!

But I have been challenged. I have been awakened and given an opportunity to be me. To be who I really want to be and who I am destined to be. Switchfoot has it so right:

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside


So I did it. I chopped off my hairs and I dyed them a spicy red color.

Now you might be asking, can there be that much liberty in a simple hair cut? I say, YES! Absolutely! I feel liberated. I feel spicy and unique. I feel like I'm not trying to fit into the wrong mold anymore. I feel like I am finally at the place where I can get over this insecurity of what I think people see and just enjoy what I see and MORE importantly what my great God sees, which is my heart. My heart loves the Lord. My heart loves His children. My heart yearns to see people rid of the addictions and traps that we ALREADY have the victory over!

So yes, this hair cut is a little sliver of what allows me to be the me that I was created to be. Which, in my opinion, is a better me than I ever could have tried to mold or paint or fashion!



No comments:

Post a Comment