Monday, March 4, 2013

First Trip to the Lakehouse!

Had a blast at the lakehouse! Here are some pics!








We got there by dark. We were greeted with friendly hugs, a warm fire, and good drinks. Ryot and I had a dance party outside until it was time for her to go to sleep (waaay late bedtime makes me a cool mom right? lol). The dance party continued longer than I thought it would; I think partly because we were trying to stay warm and partly because Ryot was deliriously tired. There is just something about dancing around a fire in the dark with good friends. Have you seen Dances with Wolves? I'm not the only one who enjoys it. :)

The rest of the weekend was filled with clearing out some woods, gathering firewood, playing football/soccer, playing with Ryot on the playground, sitting on the dock over the beautiful water, watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre, sitting around the camp fire, teaching the guys how to roast marshmallows since they were burning them, eating s'mores, and most importantly getting to have good conversation and quality time with really great, kind, loving, nice people. I had a blast this weekend.

Ya know, every trip has it's ups and downs. I had plenty of ups, and I had one major down.....literally down....like falling down a flight of stairs. How embarrassing! My foot just slipped and everyone heard me tumbling down. I didn't do any flips or anything but I fell pretty hard. haha I was able to laugh about it but was in more pain than I would admit at the time. Aaron was right there by my side in a flash of a second making sure that I was ok. *melt my heart* And I was so glad that he was because I thought I was going to pass out. I had to sit there for a while and just relax until I could see straight. My shoulder is really sore still and I have a pretty good size bruise on the back of my right thigh. Eh, it's just a flesh wound, right?
Bahahaha ok it wasn't that bad. Blood was not gushing everwhere, but I'm still sore today.

In fact, my whole body is sore. I haven't really done any physical activity for a long time. I go to work and I go home. I play with Ryot but she is still little so it's not very physically active. Well with the firewood, sports, dancing and running around at the lakehouse that I did this weekend, my whole body is sore. And I'm pretty sure 90% of the blame for my abs being sore is all the laughing. I love this family. I had so much fun and felt so comfortable. I hope to have many more weekends at that lakehouse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment