Friday, December 19, 2014

5 Min Fridays - It doesn't feel like Christmas

Five Minute Fridays - Write for 5 straight minutes whatever is on your mind with no surplus of time spent editing or proof reading. 5 Minutes is the minimum, what happens is up to you and your creative juices.

Ready, set, go!

It doesn't feel like Christmas. I'm a little disappointed. I've been trying to play Christmas music. I have put up some Christmas decorations, but not nearly as much as I would like due to budget limitations. I haven't even gotten all of the presents for Sweetness. 

I guess it's hard to sing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" when it's 75 degrees outside. I want to wear a coat and need a beanie. I want to wear boots and not be sweating at the office. I want to cuddle outside on the porch with a blanket, not shorts and a tank top. I don't want to check the weather to see if I need to wear short sleeves. I want to need to go get ice off my windshield, not turn the A/C on. This is so depressing.

People keep asking me if I'm ready for Christmas. Yes. I was ready for Christmas before Thanksgiving. It's my favorite time of the year and this weather is ruining it! I know the meaning of the Christmas season is celebrating the birth of Jesus. And I know that I can do that in whatever weather.

From experience I know I can't wait for my feelings to validate what I know to be true.
I just wish it felt like Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment