Sunday, July 21, 2013

Not perfect

I love this blog challenge. What a neat idea to provoke thoughts and ideas and get creative juices flowing. I think often times I'm stuck in a rut wanting to write something great so I don't write at all. Just like I want the whole house to be clean so I don't clean at all. Just like I want to be able to run a mile in 7 minutes (even though I haven't been able to do that in 6 years) so I don't run at all.

Just like I want to be skinny so I don't eat at all....ha! Just kidding...I wish....OK so it doesn't work that way with every part of my life. However I have found that a lot of times my desire for greatness inhibits my desire for trying? Effort? ...well honestly I don't know what I would call it. And normally I wouldn't publish this post until I had just the perfect word or phrase exactly how I wanted it. But....here's to a new week and a new beginning full of effort regardless of the possibility of a flawed outcome.

I don't have to succeed but I won't know if I can unless I just say Yes.

God doesn't call me to be perfect.
He calls me to be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment