Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lite Brite Life


Where did I come from?
                    Where am I going?
What have I done?
                    What am I doing?
What have I learned?
                    What am I learning?


Remember these?

The picture was perfectly printed on that paper. (please don't mind the accidental alliteration)
But it wasn't accomplishing it's purpose until holes were punched in to let the light shine through the pegs. Those pages were designed so that the holes would be punched in specific spots in order to display the correct image. And once those pegs were in the proper place, the light would turn on and there would be your image on display. It used to be so frustrating when I would accidentally plug the peg in the wrong spot.

Lately, I have been really focusing on skimming out of my life all the extra stuff. Too many toys, too much tv, too many hours wasted, too many conversations wasted, too many opportunities passed me buy, too much stuff. I only want to do the things that I was specifically meant to do. I only want to talk about the things that matter. I only want to accomplish the things in life that make a difference.

As the light shines through me, are there pegs shining light in the wrong places?

I wonder what my picture looks like right now...I'm excited at what it will look like in 6 months, a year, 10 years.....

Oh the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment