Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Laugh At Me

The other morning I was put in an incredibly awkward and irritating situation. My driver didn't receive all the information from me, but when I relayed the correct information to the client, my driver twisted it to seem like my fault and both he and the client laughed at me. I turned around and walked inside furious. When the client left, I calmly approached my driver and told him that next time I would appreciate more communication and more professional conduct in front of clients. I was really polite about it and we cordially ended the conversation on the same page.

I exhaled as I walked back to my office, frustrated.
I sat down at my desk, frustrated.
I analyzed the conversation and how badly I looked like an idiot in front of the client - a conversation that can't be taken back.
My reputation was marred.
I was laughed at.
I was horrified.

Then like a ton of bricks I was hit with the picture of the Savior of the world who did nothing wrong, laughed at as people threw stones at him, beat him, and spit in His face. They spit in the face of the very person who desperately wanted them to know how much he loved them. And I'm worried about one man getting the wrong idea of how competent I am at my job?

I can't help but get emotional at how wrong I have it, so often.
The importance is not how I come across, but how Jesus comes across through me.
The bottom line is not that I am good at what I do, but that I am changed and driven by a different source.

I'm so thankful that the same standards I sometimes think I have the right to hold to others are not forced on me.

I'm so thankful for vision beyond what I can see.
I'm so thankful for insight to things my flesh would reject.
I'm so thankful for grace.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a good reminder... We always want justice and yet forget that Christ received the opposite. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete