Sunday, April 26, 2015

Even if

We sing songs about having joy through trials. We read scriptures about overcoming mountains or casting our cares on the Lord. But what does that really mean when 'trials' is given a real name?

I'm trading the grief of miscarriage for the joy of the Lord. 
I'm casting my care of job loss on the altar. 
I'm laying my desire for healing at the feet of Jesus. 
I'm letting go of [insert grief/worry/fear] and falling into His grace/mercy/love. 

God is good. When the world is against you, He is for you. When the world tries to create doubt and wedge distance, God is runnin toward you to close the gap. He wants you to fall into His arms and let Him carry your burden. 

He is good. 

Tonight my declaration is that the fear or sadness of the unknown of whether I will ever see my mom, dad, or Brent again is not comparable to the goodness of Gods glory that I have tasted and seen and know to be concretely true. 

So for now I cherish every moment I have with those I know and I cling to the hope that I have in Jesus. 

He is the hope. 
Even if I never know the why, he is worth every question asked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment