Thursday, April 23, 2015

Deep breath in. Deep breath out.

My coworker left early yesterday because he said he wasn't feeling well.

Coworker: I went to the gym yesterday and killed it. These girls were staring at me, they were alright, and they asked to take a picture with me. Oh yeeeah buddy, I still got it.
*then he flexed and dropped down and did 10 pushups while screaming "GAINS"*

Just minutes later we have this conversation:

Coworker: Can you text [our boss] and ask him to pick me up a Monster on his way in and I will pay him back?
Me: Um.....no?
Coworker: Yes you can. I believe in you. *he walks out of the room*

Deep breath in. Deep breath out. It's only 9am.

Jesus, help me.

Help me see him like you see him.

He is strong and funny and definitely one of a kind. His personality is contagious when he isn't being obnoxious. He is obnoxious because the needs of His soul aren't being met by the only one who can fulfill them.

God, you long to meet Him where He is and spread your love and mercy and confidence in all of those gaps that tell him he isn't good enough or that he has to fight for attention. He doesn't have to fight for acceptance or attention. You a;ready adore him exactly as He is, but he just doesn't know it.

I just don't like him. But you love him more than I can ever imagine. You have given him a unique set of talents, skills, and gifts that only he possesses. You have treasure available for your kingdom that only he can unlock and he doesn't even know that he holds the key. He is a vital part of your plan. His story is important and somehow has intertwined with mine for the glory of your name.

He is your son. He is royalty. He is beloved.

Help me to see him how you see him. Help me to respond in a way that cares for your precious son who is running from you. Help me bring him home with a gentle heart, mercy, and patience.

You are so good. You always have been and always will be.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made His Light shine in our hearts to give us the Light of the knowledge of God's Glory displayed in the face of Christ.

I have the experiential knowledge of your glory and love. I have seen your goodness and your grace. I have tangibly felt your mercy and deep devotion over my life from my dark tragedy to true joy and peace that really does surpass all understanding.

Please let that light shine in me. Help me to see him like you see him. Help me to respond in a way that honors you. Help me to love him like a brother.





Is there anyone in your life that could use a change in perspective?
Just ask Him. He will answer.

2 comments:

  1. I just love your honesty in this post. And I've also found that when I'm struggling with someone, going to God is the best solution!! Praying for that person really does help our hearts to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah. It really changed my whole perspective. God is good like that. : )

      Delete