Friday, April 10, 2015

Happy National Siblings Day!

April 10th is a lot of things.
April 10th is nearing the deadline to file my taxes. Yikes.
April 10th is only 7 days away from my Nephew's birthdays!
April 10th is only 8 days away from my Uncle's birthday, and my favorite Piper's birthday!
April 10th is only 8 days away from my sister in law's due date, and subsequently baby Adalyn's birthday/entrance into the world! (maybe)
April 10th is National encourage a young writer's day. I'm pretty sure that means encourage a young aspiring author, but I have a young writer hanging out with me at the office who loves to write her name. I just bought her a preschool work book that we are going to begin working through, and I know she will need some encouragement!
April 10th is National Farm Animals Day. I will print out some farm coloring pages today and maybe go through all of the different animals that live on a farm with my Sweetness.
April 10th is National Cinnamon Crescent Day. How the Cinnamon Crescent got it's own National celebration, I'm not sure. Maybe I will have Ryot help me make some sort of cinnamon bread dessert after work. Maybe...

April 10th is also National Siblings day- which is really what I wanted to write about.

I have siblings, I have cousin siblings, I have sibling-in-laws, and I have friends that might as well be my siblings. You might look at that and think one big episode of Maury. But I look at that and know that even when life tried to throw us all around a bit, we still made it with our heads high above water and an unbreakable bond.

I love them all. I would love to honor each of them individually, but let's be honest, you have more to do with your life than sit and read this blog post for 4 hours. You're welcome. So I will honor them by category with just five descriptive words (or word phrases).

My siblings:
Coral - Big sister, second mom, intelligent, gorgeous, talented.
Dustin - Big Brother, idol when I was growing up, hilarious, hard-working, servant-hearted, fearless.

My sister-cousins:
Jennifer - Trust-worthy, beautiful, compassionate, thoughtful, wise.
Lindsey - Spontaneous, genius, creative, witty, confident.
Allison - Spirited, inventive, stunning, ambitious, humble.

My Sibling-in-laws:
Heidi: Beautiful, trust-worthy, creative, down to earth, talented.
Patrick: Hilarious, intelligent, tall, skillful, likeable.
Seth: Leader, faithful, funny, strong spirited, reflective.
Scotty: Ambitious, joyful, steadfast, witty, smart.
Nate: Hilarious, active, humble, hard working, supportive.
Ashley: Talented, empathetic, visionary, beautiful, encouraging.
Thomas: Leader, clever, resolute, emboldening, loyal.
Kendra: Kind-hearted, enchanting, sincere, confident, graceful.
Cody: Considerate, skillful, dynamic, devoted, hilarious.


All of my friends- you know who you are- you have made the rough years bearable and the good years great. I love you. Thank you.

I have the greatest group of siblings and so many nieces and nephews. I can't wait for baby Adalyn to enter the world and for Allison and Nate have kids. The more the merrier!

Love you people! I'm so blessed to call you my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment