Friday, August 21, 2015

Honey, I shrunk the cyst!

On July 21, 2015 I sat in a cold MRI waiting room with the possibility of a tumor in my back. I left the appointment with the miracle of no tumor, but the findings of some cysts on my cervix. Because the largest one was 9mm, I had to schedule an ultrasound to get it checked out. Yesterday, July 20, 2015, I sat in a hot OB/GYN waiting room as several people were called before me to go to their appointment.

The last time that I had an ultrasound I saw the little beating heart of my now vibrant 4 yr old. This time, it was completely empty. I took deep breaths to hold in an unexpected and overwhelming sadness at the vast emptiness. You see, I knew it was empty going into the appointment. I knew I wasn't pregnant, but actually seeing it empty when my last memory was immense joy at the little perfect heartbeat, was surprisingly difficult.

The ultrasound lasted approximately 30 minutes where I asked several questions and the tech showed me what she was seeing. She was very kind and helped put me at ease. When she said that she was done, my sadness was replaced by confusion. I asked her about the cysts and she mentioned the ones on my ovaries that need to be watched. That information was nothing new; I've had PCOS since I was 18. I asked her about the cysts on my cervix and she turned the screen to look again. It was her first day at the office and she wasn't aware of my history. I told her that the whole reason I was getting the ultrasound was for the cysts on my cervix, the largest one being 9mm. Her eyes widened and she looked again, then turned the screen so I could see. She said, "If there was a cysts that was 9mm, it shrunk, because everything I see is tiny."

You guys. My cysts shrunk. They SHRUNK.

PRAISE JESUS. He is Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals.

Next thing on the radar is my appointment next Thursday, August 27, 2015 to find out results of other tests that I had. I'm praying for healing, trusting His hand is over me. Will you join me in praying that my next appointment will have nothing to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.
I look forward to updating you later!

4 comments:

  1. Wow didn't know all of that. Glad for the grace of healing and praying for His continued touch on your precious life. Love to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!!! I'll be praying along with you!

    ReplyDelete