Wednesday, April 3, 2013

No Sleep For Me!


Four reasons why I couldn't sleep last night:
 

1. Thunderstorm.
There was one HUGE BOOM that set off car alarms last night. Seriously? Thunder so loud that it shook the cars? I don't like rain or storms (as I referenced in my post here), but I was reminded by my awesome sister-in-law today, through her facebook status, that "this is the day that the Lord has made", so I am going to "rejoice and be glad in it". (Psalm 118:24) I didn't like that the thunder woke me up. I didn't like that the car alarms all went off for 20 minutes keeping me awake. But I did like how I was immediately reminded how great and powerful my God is. It was a moment between me and Him that I guess I needed. Everything happens for a reason and I fell back asleep until I was woken up by reason #2.

2. Peeing - This might be TMI. Sorry, not sorry.
I think my subconscious was hearing the rain outside because I woke up not just merely having an urge to use the facilities....I woke up and sprinted up the stairs like 7 steps at a time to barely make it to the bathroom on time. Errrr, my bed was so comfy, but I can't be frustrated considering I drank like 3 bottles of water right before I went to sleep. But after that cardio work out, I couldn't fall back to sleep because of reason #3.
 
3. Committee Meeting.
When you think and think and think and think about sleeping and think about not sleeping and then start thinking about what you are going to wear and eat and do and drink and think the next day and then think about where you are in life and how much money is in the bank and why you can't figure out how to describe what water tastes like....I call those committee meetings. They are great to do during the day like in the shower or while driving, but at night they are quite inconvenient. But all this thinking then turns into dreaming which brings me to #4.
 
4. Nightmares/Thriller Dreams.
 
 I was not dreaming about Jennifer Lawrence. I was not even particularly dreaming about The Hunger Games, but more of a thriller dream/nightmare with a Hunger Game influence. I remember almost the whole dream/nightmare, but it ended with a one-eyed, 6'4, 300 pound, Thor-looking beast of a man creeping around a van that I was hiding behind while holding a 2x4 ready to smash my head in. Not exactly a pleasant feeling. I can't say that it was entirely a nightmare because I wasn't really terrified like scary but more terrified like anxious and feeling like those very creepy moments right before a murderer in a mask jumps up in front of the window you are intently staring at. I was waiting and creeping and sneaking and lurking and hoping that this giant didn't find me and crush in my skull. I suddenly woke up from that and strangely wished I hadn't. I wanted to see how it ended. I wanted to escape. But now I will never know.

So right now, I am making myself a pot of coffee...yes, an entire pot. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment